AIRTH 2017 Conference
March 23 to 25, 2017, Portorož, Slovenia
@6th International Tourism Conference ENCUENTROS
Innovation in Tourism and Hospitality – Preparing for the Future
This conference aims to put a spotlight on critical issues related to innovation in tourism & hospitality. It primarily serves two purposes:
1. To understand innovation in tourism and hospitality with respect to
a. conditions that support and enable innovation,
b. meanings, scope and impacts of innovation, and
c. success factors in the practice of innovation.
2. To kick-start the AIRTH network in order to attract individuals by becoming
a. the home for researchers and scholars for intellectual exchanges, and
b. the go-to place for practitioners for ideas, experiences, and new tools.
Click here for the tenative programe. There might be small changes for the road trip tours, but nothing major. The final version will be posted a few days before and will be distributed at the conference.Back to top
Venue & Accommodation
- The conference is organized by the Faculty of Tourism Studies, University of Primorska and AIRTH at Encuentros Conference Center, Portorož, Slovenia. Portorož and neighboring Piran are picturesque coastal towns within 90 minutes from Ljubljana Airport (LJU) and 2h from Venice Airport (VCE). Transport from these airports and other airports (even Vienna, Munich and Milano) can be arranged with GoOpti, winner of the Slovenian National Tourism Innovation Award.
- The official provider for accommodation is Hotel Marko at the promenade and with view of the Adriatic Sea just 10 walking minutes from the venue. The hotel also provides free WiFi. Conference rates for room and breakfast are EUR 57 for a single room and EUR 76 for a double room (plus EUR 1.27 tourist tax per day per guest). This rate is available until 1st March 2017. To secure a conference rate please email the hotel directly at [info at hotel-marko.si] and mention "AIRTH ENCUENTROS 2017". Guests can request an invoice ahead of time from the hotel and pay via bank transfer or pay at the hotel directly (cash or credit card). In total are 25 rooms available at this rate.
- November 28, 2016 (Monday): Abstract submission dealine
- December 19, 2016 (Monday): Abstract acceptance notification
- January 15, 2017 (Sunday): If requested in the acceptance email submit revised abstract via email to Florian Zach.
- January 31, 2017 (Tuesday): Register for conference; at least one author needs to register; upload final abstract on registration page below. Note: Special considerations for some authors were mentioned in email communication.
- February 10, 2017 (Friday): Payments to arrive at AIRTH to be included in the conference.
Registration & Payment
- Registration form
- === GENERAL PUBLIC REGISTRATION RATES AFTER 10th MARCH 2017 - INCLUDING AT THE DOOR ===
- IMPORTANT: To guarantee availability for the Friday road-trip for registrations after March 10, please contact the organizer.
- Regular tickets - add EUR 100 to author rates (see below)
- Optional day passes and companion tickets - add EUR 50 to author rates (see below)
- === GENERAL PUBLIC REGISTRATION RATES 1st FEBRUARY to 9th MARCH 2017 ===
- Regular tickets - add EUR 50 to author rates (see below)
- Optional day passes and companion tickets - add EUR 25 to author rates (see below)
- === AUTHOR REGISTRATION RATES UNTIL 31st JANUARY 2017 ===
- Regular tickets:
- - For academics & practitioners: EUR 300
- - For students: EUR 250 - please submit copy of student ID
- The fee includes light reception on March 22, coffee breaks, lunch, gala dinner on March 23, road-trip and lunch on March 24 and coffee breaks on March 25.
- Optional day passes and companion tickets:
- - Thursday, March 23 - Presentation day: EUR 200
- - Friday, March 24 - Road-trip day: EUR 200
- - Saturday, March 25 - Discussion day: EUR 100
- - Gala dinner companion ticket: EUR 50
- - Road-trip companion ticket: EUR 200
- Day passes and road-trip companion cover breakfast and lunch where applicable
- Registration form
- Payment options:
- Bank transfer (no fee)
- Account holder: AIRTH
- IBAN: SI56 6100 0001 5884 097
- BIC/SWIFT: HDELSI22
- Bank: Delavska Hranilnica D.D.
- Bank address: Miklošičeva 5, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Credit card via PayPal (plus EUR 10 convenience fee)
- You receive a unique PayPal link within 2-3 business days of registration.
Proceeding, Presentations & Publications
- Click here to download the conference proceeding.
- All presentations are standup (oral) presentations; no poster presentations. Even though only abstracts were submitted, the full paper should be presented. Presenters can use PowerPoint or the offline version of Prezi.
- No parallel sessions! This means every presenter gets the full attention of all participants. This is a great opportunity for presenters to receive feedback. We are currently planning on 20 minute time slots (15 minutes presentation, 5 minutes discussion). If feasible we will increase the time slots to 25 minutes (15+10).
- Publication of abstracts: Please note that AIRTH 2017 provides a print copy of all registered abstracts at the conference. Additionally abstracts, for which authors agreed to an electronic posting of abstracts, will be posted as a compendium on the AIRTH website once typesetting is completed.
- Optional full paper: Full papers can be submitted to a preferred track at Academica Turistica - Tourism and Innovation Journal (AT-TIJ, academica.turistica.si), where a special edition (or section in an edition) will be dedicated to our conference. AT-TIJ is a peer-reviewed open-source journal hosted by our conference partner University of Primorska, Faculty of Tourism Studies - Turistica. Submission deadline is May 28, 2017.
All current AIRTH members serve as the scientific committee.Back to top